1. TikTok
Given TikTok is mainly 15-60 second clips - I get quick updates about current events and trending topics through these videos. As TikTok became so popular, brands and other famous people all have accounts where they post updates and news. Platforms range from simply the new crumble cookie flavors of the week all the way to the White House posting their content. I know the information is not always reliable, so I try to verify important stories using other sources.
2. My father
My father tells me about major events and issues he thinks are important. He also helps explain the background behind certain stories and shares his perspective given he was present through a lot of time I was not. He is big into the news and always likes to know what is going on so he is a huge help.
3. Instagram
I learn about news through posts, stories, and videos from news accounts and people I follow. It is useful for seeing what is happening quickly, but I understand that some posts may be biased or inaccurate.
4. Teachers
My teachers discuss current events that relate to what we are learning in class. They often provide more context and encourage me to think critically about different viewpoints.
5. My Friends
My friends keep me updated by discussing stories they have heard or seen online. These conversations introduce me to new topics, but I usually check other sources before assuming everything is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment